Instructor: Kevin Kennedy AKA FBK
Workshop fee: $43.50
Series (all four workshops) fee: $165
In part three, we’ll talk about the most complex and probably the most interesting part of Ableton Live: its sampling features. Live originally was only a sample-based loop-making device, and over the years, its functionality has grown so much that it really needs its own section dedicated to it. The instructor will show the myriad ways to use sampling as a useful weapon against stagnation, and will show how to loop, stretch, destruct, and re-construct any sound and make it into something completely new using Ableton’s built-in functionality. As part of the hallmark of FBK’s sound, this will be a course for anyone wishing to learn how to make new sounds-or get closer to that crazy sound you have in your head that no synthesizer will make. And, it will be FUN!
- How to put a sound into Live-three different ways!
- The Clip Launcher (and how to use it with audio)
- How to make a drum kit out of drum sounds (or non drum sounds)
- Loop making
- The difference between the Drum Rack, The Sampler and the Simpler
- Live’s many different sample interpolation effects, and how to use them to your advantage
- Making a rhythm loop fit to a tempo
- RESAMPLING! The greatest thing since sampling! And how to do it!
- How to take a sound and completely render it unrecognizable!
- Putting it all together with elements from parts one and two
Workshop attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their own laptops with Ableton Live already installed. No previous experience with electronic music, composition, performance, or Ableton Live is required.