Call For Entries
The Fuse Factory Annual Juried Exhibition 2015
Deadline for Applications: August 15th, 2015
The Fuse Factory Art and Technology Lab is pleased to announce the Call for Entries for the Annual Juried Exhibition 2015: INTERVENTIONS.
The Fuse Factory’s annual juried exhibition presents technology-based new media art and digital arts with hand-on art workshops and lectures, which will take place in the Pearl Conard Art Gallery of The Ohio State University at Mansfield from Friday, September 25th to Thursday, October 29th, 2015.
The exhibition explores the theme of INTERVENTIONS. The exhibition looks for artists’ works regarding: how scientific methodology intervenes between art and science or inversely; how art concepts contribute towards scientific research; how technological interventions create artistic spectacles within the intersection of art and technology; the aesthetic discourses between the natural and technological-“unnatural”; how artists can use technological interventions in which organic things integrate with inorganic mechanical systems and interspecies; and so on.
The Fuse Factory Art and Technology Lab encourages all artists, inventors, and scientists who have creative thinking, innovations, and proposals regarding those issues in art and technology to submit forms of electronic art, interactive installation and interface, performance, 3D modeling and animation, art games, virtual reality, experimental video and moving images, digital imaging, sound art, Internet art, biological art, eco-art, and other emerging forms. Any traditional fine art and films that relate with the theme are welcome and may be accepted.
- Artworks that were produced before 2013 will not be considered for the entry.
- Selected artwork must be exhibited during the full month-long exhibition period. However, performative artwork will be scheduled in a specific timeline during the exhibition.
How to Submit
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “FFE 2015 APPLICATION_your name” in the subject line.
- 3-5 images (website links only)
- Video links (3-minutes-or-less video highlights on YouTube or Vimeo)
- Short art statement (300-500 words, .pdf file) describing what you propose to exhibit and how your artwork links to the exhibition theme
- One-page (.pdf file) specifying installation requirements and dimensions, and other technical requests
- Contact details (email, phone, website)
- PayPal receipt of the entry fee (scanned image or texts from your PayPal Account Overview: 72dpi at 1000px maximum length)
- If you are student artist – recent class registration in 2014-2015 academic years to prove student status (scanned image: 72dpi at 1000px maximum length) for the discounted entry fee
- Application deadline: August 15th
- Announcement for lineup: August 19th
- Shipped work arrives to the gallery: by Friday, September 18th
- Hand-delivered works arrive to gallery: Monday, September 21st – Tuesday, September 22nd
- Installation: Wednesday, September 23rd – Thursday, September 24th
- Duration of exhibition: Friday, September 25th – Thursday, October 29th
- Reception and award announcement: Friday, September 25th, 7 pm
- De-installation: Friday, October 30th – Monday, November 2nd
- Professional artist (post-MFA or mid-career): $30
- Student artist (MFA, post-BFA, or BFA): $15
- PayPal payment (links are below) – Write “FFE 2015 APPLICATION_your name” on the section of Add Special Instructions to the Seller
- To pay the fee, go to the very bottom of this page and click on the appropriate selection
[note about entry fees: The Fuse Factory is a non-profit art organization, in which all of the art events are made possible by granting organizations and individual donors and sponsors. The entry fees and donations will be thankfully used for honorariums of guest jurors, lecturers, purchasing materials of hand-on workshops, and promotions during the annual juried exhibition period. The Fuse Factory is very willing to make additional artist awards and increase the monetary awards to boost emerging artists if the entry fees amount to more than what is anticipated. Additional donations are very welcome for the Fuse Factory’s art and technology-educational outreach and engagement.
- The Jurying members will select the best artwork that represents the annual theme, which will receive a small grant of $500 from The Department of Art of The Ohio State University at Mansfield.
- The Fuse Factory may offer limited packaging costs for a few selected artists (on a case-by-case basis).
- Tyler Cann (Associate Curator of Contemporary Art, Columbus Museum of Art)
- Amy Youngs (Associate professor of Art & Technology, The Ohio State University at Columbus)
- Dr. Alison Colman (Fuse Factory Founder and Executive Director)
- Kate Shannon (Associate Professor of Art, The Ohio State University at Mansfield)
- Doo-Sung Yoo (New media artist and Curator)
- Topic and Schedule: TBD
For additional information regarding the Pearl Conard Art Gallery space, please visit osu.edu/pcagallery or contact email@example.com